Thursday 11 September 2014

Kezzy's made it plain sailing!

Hello all!

We're featuring another guest today, Kezzy J (aka Kerry), who was one of our July Top 3 badge winners. Kezzy has put together a really fabulous piece of art to share with you...




My name is Kerry (aka Kezzy) and I’m extremely honoured to be here today.  I started crafting in 2006 and blogging in Jan 2011.  I work part time as an accountant mainly at home due to a bad back, I have two children 15 and 17 and I live with my partner and our dog Jasmine who is almost 13.  Art is a huge part of my life, especially during times when I’m in pain as I can lose myself in paint and stamps, I reckon if art was a pill then everyone would be pain free lol.  I definitely am in to mixed media, I lurrrrrve working with paint, stamps, inks and general messiness.  I taught myself to crochet last year and have become addicted to bright colourful yarn and love to make bright funky flowers for my art.  It’s a big year for me as on the 1st September I became 40, I have a journal ready and decorated so I can record this special year, as they say, Life begins at 40 and I feel good in the knowledge that as long as I have ART then everything will be alright.  I have thoroughly enjoyed doing this project for you today, and have lots more photos, plus a full step by step of how it was made.


I started with a small wooden frame (4 by 4 inch) and painted it with Fresco paint, then used Fresco crackle medium and back with lighter colour paint.  You probably can’t see much of it left, but it’s there lol.  I then used a heavy gel medium in areas and covered with sand to add texture.  I then painted lots of Fresco greens and blue paints plus used blue embossing powder mixed with UTEE to make the embossing run while heating.  All the embellishments were done with the same treatment of paint and crackle, sand and then paint.  I made a fish from fimo as I couldn’t find a fish embellishment lol.  I actually studied a picture on a ship wreck to see how the water affects the ship and that is how I got the colours and texture (picture on my blog).  I wanted to show how the sea flows through the sunken ship and how the sea life makes it home.  Finally I added some sand and drift wood to the top with the title sea wreck.




Wow, what a stunning decorative piece of art, thank you Kezzy!

Our projects so far this month have been amazing (even if we say so ourselves, lol) but there's a lot more to come, we're not even half way through yet!  We hope that you're feeling inspired and gathering lots of ideas to put your project together to enter.......?

Our next post is on Saturday, from Astrid, and she has created an amazing piece from scratch - please don't miss it!  Hope to see you then. >:o)

Chris and the team xxx

6 comments:

  1. That's a lot of texture Kezzy, fabulous piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous, imaginative and creative piece of art, Kerry! You are an inspiration! Congratulations on your top 3 place - well deserved - and on such a stunning and fascinating make! It's gorgeous! Julie Ann xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kezzy that is AMAZING !!! I love how you have packed so many details in such a tiny space and it all works so wonderfully together. Fabulous !! Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh Kezzy, the texture you have obtained makes me salivate. Hopping across to your Blog....right now!
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kezzy what a fabulous deep sea creation and so well thought out. A perfect amount of depth and texture.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh lots of lovely texture here.xxx

    ReplyDelete

We love to know what you think about our site, our challenges and the projects our DT Members and guests donate. All constructive comments are welcome and if you have any questions we have provided a contact form on the sidebar.

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and support us. Happy crafting!

Susan and the CVC team xxx